Special Event Permits
Organizations and individuals who wish to hold any organized activity (concert, sporting activity, rally, parade, fireworks, arts and crafts show, etc.) involving the use of, or having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits, will need to fill out a Special Event Permit Application (below) for review and approval by the Special Events Committee.
Special Event Permit Application
Permit Process and Cost
- Special Event Permit Applications are only required for events that meet any of the following criteria:
- Event has 75 people or more
- Event has Amplified Sound
- Event involves the use of, or having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits
- The application will not be processed if the information is incomplete and the $200 application fee has not been received.
- Please make any check payments made payable to the "City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Department".
- Submit application and payment at least 30 days prior to the event set-up. You can mail printed applications to the City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Dept. Attn: Chrystal Ryals, P.O. Box 4748, Clearwater, FL 33758, or fax to 562-4813.
- All expenses for insurance, security, fencing, restrooms, tents, sound systems, and services provided by City of Clearwater departments shall be paid by the event organizer.
- In most cases, a minimum of $1 million of insurance per occurance and $2 million general aggregate is required. Securing and paying for insurance is the responsibility of the applicant.
**Wedding Permit Info is further down the page**
Pier 60 Pavilion Rental
Organizations and individuals who wish to hold any organized activity in the Pier 60 Pavilion will need to fill out a Pier 60 Pavilion Rental Form.
The following terms and conditions are provided to assist in the completion of the Pier 60 Pavilion Rental Application:
- Pavilion use may require the applicant to complete a Special Event Application, which is subject to Special Events Committee approval and the purchase of liability insurance.
- Upon request, liability insurance and/or a statement of “hold harmless” must be submitted to Risk Management for review prior to approval of this application.
- Sound: A Special Event Application must be processed for issuance of a Sound Permit.
- Power: Standard electrical service consists of 110-volt outlets.
- The hanging of anything from the Pavilion structure is strictly prohibited, except lightweight cloth or paper signs or banners may be suspended after receiving prior approval from the City. The user group assumes all responsibility and risks associated with the said sign or banner. The user is responsible for hanging and removing banners and/or signs and providing their own ladders. Climbing or walking on the structure is prohibited.
- Any changes after issuance of the permit letter must be approved.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- The sale of food and/or beverages is prohibited.
- Open flame or cooking is prohibited.
Weddings & Ceremonies on Clearwater Beach and at City Parks
Our event venues at Clearwater Beach, or one of many city parks, make for a picture-perfect setting for your special day. The size and scope of your wedding will dictate what type of permit you will need to obtain. Please use the following chart to determine what type of permit your wedding will require.
**Please Note : Beach activities north of Avalon Street are not permitted.**
**Pricing structure below will go into effect October 1, 2017**
# of Attendees
Tents or Other Structures
|Simple Arch, Chairs, 10x10 Pop Up Tent||
|51-99||Ceremony||Simple Arch, Chairs, 10x10 Pop Up Tent||$150.00|
Special Event Permit
* Extra Costs on top of
≥ 100sq/ft tents
Simple Arch, Chairs,
Starting at $535.00
City staff representative
* In order to reserve a semi-private venue you must file a Special Event Permit. A semi-private venue will allow you to rope off your wedding site, set up a large tent or structure, and have a reception at a city park of Clearwater Beach venue. As all park and beach areas are public spaces, the City of Clearwater cannot guarantee a completely private venue, free of passersby. All other permits (Park Usage and Wedding) must utilize the site as-is, and no large tents or structures can be erected.
Portable furniture and chairs are allowed at all park sites. All setup must be done immediately before the ceremony; chairs and decorations, and all other wedding materials must be removed immediately after the ceremony.
Alcohol, glass, and open flames are always prohibited at all public parks.
Applications, and all permit fees, must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event. Applicants may pay by credit card (MasterCard and Visa only) or checks made to the City of Clearwater.
Pay By Phone: (727) 562-4811.
Mail Payment To: City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Dept.
Attn: Chrystal Ryals
P.O. Box 4748
Clearwater, FL 33758
Clearwater Park Venues for Rent
The City of Clearwater has 109 parks spread across 1,450 acres, many of which make for excellent wedding venues. For a complete listing of city parks, searchable by amenties, click here.
A few popular venue selections are:
Clearwater Beach Venues for Rent
For couples seeking a beach setting, Clearwater Beach has six sites available for Semi-Private Venues. A semi-private venue rental will allow you to rope off your wedding site, set up a large tent or structure, and have a reception.
Pricing for Beach Venues start at $535.
- Beach Venue #1: Rockaway Venue (7 Rockaway St.)
- Beach Venue #2: North Pier 60 Venue (1 Causeway Blvd.)
- Beach Venue #3: South Pier 60 Venue (1 Causeway Blvd.)
- Beach Venue #4: Hyatt Venue (301 S. Gulfview Blvd.)
- Beach Venue #5: Barefoot Venue (332 S. Gulfview Blvd.)
- Beach Venue #6: Opal Sands Venue (430 S. Gulfview Blvd.)
Please Note: No more than 2 of the 6 venues may be used at any one time.